Call now for FREE Consultation(561) 444-8822
Have you suffered an injury that wasn’t your fault? If so, you may wonder why you have to pay your own medical bills. The good news is that you may not have to.
Depending on the specifics of your accident, you may be eligible for some form of compensation regardless of if you were involved in a car accident, a construction accident or a workplace accident. Hiring a proficient personal injury lawyer in West Palm Beach can help you get money from your insurance company or from the at-fault party. Here are some of the most important details to know before hiring an accident attorney to fight for your rights.
Contact one of our Personal Injury Attorney’s Today
Form is secure and your info will remain confidential
What Exactly Is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law, also referred to as Tort Law, lets a person to claim compensation when someone else’s negligence or intentional act causes harm. The at-fault party’s insurance company will compensate the injured person for all the losses caused by the accident. If the personal injury case involves medical malpractice, your lawyer will work with insurance companies and hospital attorneys.Contact us Today
For a Free Consultation
What Are the Different Types of Personal Injury Cases?
The most common kinds of personal injury cases in the United States include:
- Motor Vehicle accidents: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 36,750 people were killed in the U.S. in 2018. An estimated 4.5 million people were seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents in the same year. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), driver behavior is likely a contributing factor to the high number of car accidents. It is unfortunate that most car accidents occur due to the negligence or carelessness of some drivers. The law allows you to claim for compensation if you are injured in an accident that was due to the irresponsibility or recklessness of the other driver.
- Slip and Fall Cases: Property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises reasonably safe and free of hazards. If you are involved in a slip and fall accident, a Slip and Fall injury attorney or a Personal Injury Attorney can help you claim for compensation and protect your rights throughout the legal process.
- Medical Malpractice: The negligence of medical professionals, such as doctors and nurses, and pharmacists can cause serious injuries. There are many types of medical malpractice cases, including medication mistakes, surgical errors, birth injuries and improper treatment. Medical malpractice cases are usually complex and require the expertise of medical malpractice lawyer.
- Workplace Accidents: These types of personal injury cases are usually meant to compensate workers who are injured or killed while working for their employer. If you are injured in a workplace, an experienced worker’s compensation attorney can guide you through the claims process and ensure that your rights are protected.
- Defective Products: Defective product cases, or product liability cases, comprise about 7% of all personal injury claims. With the many types of products available to consumers, it is inevitable you will encounter a faulty product.
How Much Can You Get From a Personal Injury Claim?
You can get compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Costs associated with altered plans or cancelled trips
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney?
- Knowledge of the Law
A personal injury attorney has a deep understanding of personal injury law. They can be able to decipher what accident laws pertain to your particular case and calculate how much compensation you are entitled to.
- Handling Negotiations on Your Behalf
Many personal injury cases are resolved outside of court. In such a case, your injury attorney will handle negotiations with the insurance companies and ensure that you get fair compensation. The lawyer knows the insurance laws that may impact an accident case. They can interpret the provisions of an insurance policy’s language that apply to coverage, exclusions and limitations. Note that insurance companies will often automatically lower their settlement offer to plaintiffs who don’t have an attorney representing them.
- Representation in Court
Although the law allows accident victims to represent themselves in court, it’s imperative to enlist the services of an attorney. A lawyer is conversant with the various court rules and procedures and will ensure that they are followed to prevent the case from getting dismissed. In court, the lawyer will present all the available evidence and use their tricks and tactics to fight for the rights of their client. They will answer any questions on your behalf and keep you updated on the court proceedings. All this will help you to increase the odds of getting the rightful compensation.
How Much Will Legal Representation Cost?
Most knowledgeable personal injury attorneys take all cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you owe nothing upfront to hire a lawyer to handle your claim and you don’t owe any attorney’s fee as the claim is being pursued. Instead, you will only pay your lawyer upon the successful completion of your case, whether it is a verdict or settlement obtained after the trial of the matter.
Are There Time Limits For Filing Personal Injury Cases?
Each state has its own statutes of limitations that bar cases brought too late after the incident has occurred. These apply to all kinds of personal injury cases. Most states require personal injury cases to be filed with two years from the date the incident occurred. It is recommended that you file before this deadline, as trying to file a claim after the two-year period is usually impossible. Depending on the circumstances, this timeframe can be shorter or longer.
Injuries such as auto accidents and dog bites cost money. Not only do you have medical bills to pay, but you may also face time off work. You need to enlist the services of a knowledgeable injury attorney to assist with your claim.
If you need help with your claim, contact our legal team at Felice Trial Attorneys by calling (561) 444-8822.
What Our Clients Have to Say
Kelsey Burke is an amazing attorney.. she was very helpful with the both of my cases. She always stayed in touch with me and always kept me updated with was going on every chances she got. Thank you !!
First of all I want to thank Mr: Felice for his work to get justice in my case, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Mr: Felice is a lawyer dedicated to his work and client, there are few lawyers like him, that if he sell or fear the opposing lawyer he goes out to luhar for his client until the end without surrendering for a second. So, if someone needs a lawyer, I immediately recommend him and his entire team to work for me personally in Palm Beach County and all of Florida. Will be a pleasure to call him not only my lawyer but my friend too.
God Bless You and you team.
Tim and Matt are the best of the best. Lawyers that finally care about you. Lawyers that work for you, listen to you. I could not ask for any better. They actually care about you as a person. You’re not a $ sign. And the rest of the crew is pretty awesome too. These guys work their butts off.
Very professional. They will bend over backwards for you, and attend to you as promptly as humanly possible. The attorneys are aggressive, and will work for you. I highly recommend these attorneys.
I’m extremely thankful that Timothy Felice took my case. He worked tirelessly to make sure I received the best of care. I felt confident in his ability to handle the obstacles that came my way. With each difficulty, Tim always found a way to resolve the issues, to my benefit. I’m so grateful, to have met and worked with Tim, his love for the work that he does, is demonstrated in his ability to handle even the most challenging of cases. If you’re looking for an attorney who really cares and will invest his time and is exceptional in their field, then Timothy Felice is the one you should have on your side. I will be forever grateful for what he did for me and my family and If I ever need representation, he will be the only I could trust.
Felice Trial Attorneys are a powerful combination. Attorneys who will fight for their clients’ rights with proven results. I highly recommend their firm.
Shari was awesome she took her time to explain everything to me and really helped me with everything I really appreciate What she did for me…. Thank you, Shari